Head of Marketing
Full time or 12 month maternity cover contract is available if you prefer.
Start Date: November 2019
We’re on the hunt for a marketing expert, with an eye for detail and an innovative approach to business development.
You must be the right fit for Land & Wave; this means no stuffy corporate talk – we want a great human who appreciates the outdoorsy lifestyle and really understands the industry and our audience.
This role is based at Land & Wave headquarters in Swanage, Dorset.
This is the perfect job if…
– You crave a great work / life balance
– You want to live and work by the sea
– You have a tonnes of ideas paired with the experience and enterprise to execute them
– You want to be part of an independent, energetic company
– You want to work for a company where STUFF. GETS. DONE
– A relevant university degree 2:1 or above
– At least 10 years relevant industry experience managing marketing / PR / Sales or Business Development
– Experience managing a team
– Clear examples of successful project management
– Examples of strategic, successful, use of social media
– Experience of managing multi-media campaigns (photo / video & copy)
– Exceptional ideas for generating exciting new content
– A kind human, who is easy going and adaptable
– A brimming book of contacts
– Love for the sea / outdoors
This is NOT the job for you if…
– You find it hard to shake the corporate jargon
– You like wearing a suit to work
– You have difficultly adapting to a new ‘house style’
– You do not have any real connection with the outdoors (A weekly Park Run will not suffice)
– You enjoy working for big agencies / corporate organisations
– You can only work with huge budgets
About the job
The Land & Wave marketing department is currently made up of a Business Development Director, Senior Marketing Manager and two fantastic Marketing Managers. We are a hard-working bunch and we love what we do. We work really closely with the Operations team to ensure the products we deliver match up with the content we output. Land & Wave marketing is a real team effort and we work really fluidly together.
We are looking for somebody to fulfil a Head of Marketing role. Heading up the department and providing leadership, experience, insight and innovation.
You will oversee the marketing campaigns for our broad product range and grow business for our quieter times of year (November – March). We want someone who is great at managing the day-to-day bustle of a busy team, as well as being able to push the business forward with exciting new product launches, events and multi-faceted campaigns throughout the year. You need to be great looking at long-term strategy and implementation. You must be kind, encouraging and positive.
You will be working with a variety of client groups including; schools, corporate groups, outdoor instructor training, families, stag & hens.
About the location
We’re based near the beach in Swanage, Dorset, just over the water from Poole (it’s a 30 minute commute via the chain ferry). We’re really lucky to be surrounded by beaches, rolling hills and dramatic sea cliffs, which makes for an amazing place to live and work. There are always plenty of afterwork invitations to go climbing / paddle boarding / kayaking / sunset walks etc. The Land & Wave crew are a friendly bunch and we love a good get-together.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference: ‘Head of Marketing’.
Candidates will be telephoned in the first instance and then shortlisted for interviews after that. We welcome examples of previous work or campaigns in your application email.
23 July 2019 by Rosie Tanner